Friday, May 11, 2012

Update on Life-Jobs

Well, I haven't written in this in a long time. I thought I would just write a couple of posts and see what happened. Since the last time I wrote in this blog, I have both lost and gained jobs. I decided to quit my job with RGIS because of a lack of advancement opportunities. It seemed the only way I was going to be able to advance in my career there was to count faster, and not sit on my ass counting out merchandise. The other reason I quit was because of schedule conflictions. They wanted for me to work over a special time for me, Hot Water Weekend. I consider that special because of a promise I made to a friend that I would help him out.
Lucky for me, I found a job right after quiting RGIS. It was with a merchandising company called Anderson Merchandisers. What they did was merchandise movies and music in Best Buy stores. I liked this job because it allowed me to pay off all of my outstanding bills. This was great because I became debt free. Not only that, I actually had some money now for other things. Sure, I did spend it frivoulously on things. But the point was I enjoyed my weath. I enjoyed it so much that I lost sight of really important things. Like an opportunity to serve God in India. (I tell more about that in another blog.)
Besides the money, there was trouble that came along with this job. Trouble in the form of my co-worker, Daniel. It seemed with him that I always needed to be at the job, even though I was not scheduled that day. What I was told by my boss, Mr. Rodriques, is that the shcedule was more of a guideline. I guess that's true. Besides Daniel's insistance of being with him working, there also came a lecture of what I should have done while on the job. Needless to say, I was both sad and relieved when I was let go of Anderson at the beginning of this year.
Above all of the short term jobs that I have held, there has been one job that I have held steadily over the time I have graduated. That has been Restaurants on the Run. Here at ROTR, I have found most of my time in the south area. I don't mind being in the south. It's just all the waiting around while orders come in that I have lost my mind from. Besides working in the south,I have occasionally been working in the city of San Francisco. This has been especially frustrating because I don't know the city all that well. I have gotten to know it a little better now.
Now, I am starting a job with The Home Depot as a sales lead. What I will be doing is asking people if they have any need for roofs, siding, or windows. If they do, then I will schedule an apointment for an estimator to come out. It seems like my perfume job where I tried to sell perfume, but I will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment