Friday, May 11, 2012

Update on Life-Missions calling

At the last PCC YA retreat called "Hot Water Weekend," I decided to consciously make the decision to accept Jesus Christ into my life. So I was baptised by salvation, and felt great for doing so. Shortly after this I felt a calling by God to go into the missions field. I heard about an opportunity to go India. I felt this calling because of how my heart reaches out for those in need. The people of India were desperately in need. There are apparently over one thousand casts in India. The caste system is related to the belief in reincarnation. If you are good in a life, then you will be given a better life. If you are bad, then you go down in the next life. The people who were in need of Christ's love were those of the lower caste called "Untouchables." They are called the "Untouchables," because of how they are to never be touched by anyone. What I would have done is to wash their feet. This, in addition to telling others of what Christ has done for them, would have been really something special. But, because of how I was being lasy and procrastinating, I never got the opportunity to go.
I am so thankful that God has given me this other opportunity to serve him. After I learned of not making the deadline for India, I still wanted to serve God. Then I came across an opportunitty that I had initially overlooked. Aperently the place where the gospel was born, needs it once again. I remeber an entry I wrote in my prayer journal about bringing peace to Israel. Suddenly, I knew what I was truly called to do. I then, with the help of a member of my small group, began to work on getting support in my mission to bring the Gospel back to where it started from. I recently have recieved the finacial support, and can't wait to go on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment